Can you use an Automatic Floor Scrubber on Concrete?
Yes, you can use an Automatic Floor Scrubber on concrete!
Cleaning concrete requires coarser brushes or floor pads. These can be put onto your automatic floor scrubber to clean bare concrete. If you have polished concrete, a soft floor pad or brush would be better.
To clean the floor there is a few steps to take to ensure a thoroughly cleaned floor.
- Dust mop the floor daily with a microfiber pad to keep dirt off the floor. Soils act as an abrasive and can ruin the clarity and shine of polished concrete. If you don’t have polished concrete, you can dust mop before scrubbing.
- If wet mopping the floor, use an automatic floor scrubber equipped with a nonabrasive pad to clean large square footage areas. Mop and bucket cleaning can be used in smaller areas.
- When wet mopping, use a neutral floor cleaner formulated to suspend the dirt particles so they can be more easily removed. Using water only leaves much of the dirt on the floor.
- Try to clean spills and stains from the floor as quickly as possible so they do not absorb into the surface.
- Give the cleaner enough time to start breaking down the grime. If you apply a cleaning agent and then immediately vacuum it or mop it from the surface, the cleaner will not have sufficient time to work properly.
- Make sure the cleaning solution does not dry on the surface. This can be accomplished by cleaning small areas and making sure the entire process is complete before moving on to other areas.
When looking at Automatic Floor Scrubbers from AML Equipment, ask about our Floor Pads, Brushes and Pad Drivers. We can outfit your scrubber with various grits and sizes to fit your needs.
Written By: AML Staff